Monday, December 13, 2010

**Quality Control!!** Official pictures from my solo show.

Here are the pictures of my work that was featured at "The Garden" at Eunoia. Thanks so much to Evan Hansen (owner of the space), Manya Cherabuddi (my curator), Colleen Coyne (the one responsible for the tape!!) and everyone else who helped to make it so successful.

This is my first body of work that I have made on one central idea. All of the art was made in two weeks. No brushes were used on any pieces!

Here's a copy of my artist statement to get you started. Hopefully this will give you a feel for what I am trying to comment on in my pieces.



"Outside of the Box"
-18" x 24"
- Spray paint, Paint Marker, and stencils on foamboard
This piece was made as one of the centerpieces for the show. It is made to represent the good art prevailing from the boring white box. My take on a pretty cliche image and saying.

"2 snobs"
- 24" x 36"
- Watercolor and ballpoint pen on illustration board
"Two Snobs" is the piece where the viewer is introduced to the art snobs. It was the first piece that I did for my show and in my opinion one of the most successful. In real life, it is a very unsettling piece because you feel judged, and uncmfortable, which was my goal!

"The Viewing"
- 3 x (11" x 17")
-Photograph with paint marker on glossy paper



This piece is another take on the "In Ya' Face" piece.

"Framed"
-18" x 24"
- watercolor, ballpoint pen, and spray paint on foamboard
This piece is a commentary on the way that sometimes a snob will go to an art show just to be seen, rather than to see the art.

"The Battle"
- 36" x 24"
- Watercolor, Marker, Paint pen, Ink pen, and Ballpoint pen, on illustration board

This is the stereotypical good versus evil in what is, quite literally, a battle.

"In Ya' Face"
-18" x 24"
-Watercolor, Ballpoint pen, Spraypaint an stencil on foamboard
This is what happens when a snob looks at the real stuff and it is too much for him to handle. IN YA' FACE!!

"Bleeding"
Installtion
PVC pipe, acrylic paint, illustration board, spraypaint and canvas.


This piece was set up, as you can see, with  piece of illustration board underneath of a makeshift faucet which drips paint from the canvas on top. During the opening the paint was dripping onto the portrait below.
It was made to seem like the boring snob art was taking over the "good" art.



This tape work was also a huge part of what made this show so succeessful. All the credit for this goes to my tapemaster girlfriend Colleen Coyne. Without her this show would have been impossible :)

Again, thanks to everyone who came out and supported my show and keep an eye out for my next show!!

No comments:

Post a Comment